No Matter What Shape - The Archive

AN ARCHIVE OF MY OLDER WORK - AN EXHIBITION SPACE FOR ORIGINAL AND ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF MANIPULATED WORKS THAT APPEAR AT MICKMATHERSARTBLOG - A PARKING PLACE FOR SELECTED GRAPHICS USED IN OTHER BLOG SIDEBARS - AN ARTWORK IN AND OF ITSELF

My Photo
Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

In its short-sightedness, blogger has turned its back on those of us stuck with old operating systems and I'm forced to find a new blog host. You will now find MickMathersARTblog at Blog.com - use the direct link found in the masthead and remember to update your bookmarks. This place will continue as another archive for a large body of my work. As many of you know, my primary medium and working method is digital collage composed of manipulated photographs often combined with digital drawing & generative images. Netlabels, bands and musicians can view samples of my CD Cover Art at Mick Mather Illustration located on Tumblr. In another life I was an Arts & Culture consultant specializing in revitalization planning through creative public art projects and programs with Economic & Community Development Departments of towns, villages and cities. In these hard financial times this work is more important than ever and I still accept consultancy inquiries. You can contact me by email at: mickmather@yahoo.com

Friday, March 04, 2005


"Basic Series - A Square Peg and a Round Hole" - When I first started doing monotypes a few years ago, two basic forms began to repeat over and over - a square and a circle. Last year I began doing an altered book using these shapes to find a subject and a concept: a square peg and a round hole. The pages of the book (an old GW-BASIC 3.22 USERS GUIDE) quickly became warped and wrinkled so I stopped after doing the 20 pieces represented in this thumbnail. I love the way the tempera works with that paper though and I'm certain the series won't stop here. I'll begin posting some of these now and then. Posted by Hello

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how the thumbnail is a piece of art too! I like it, and understand your fasination to the forms.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Come across your blog this evening ... very unique style!!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

The series look exceptionally good when placed together in a single piece.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I forgot to say that there is a sense of unity.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

This piece looks very Kandinsky inspired. I LOVE doing altered books as well, it so fun, time-consuming but fun!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home