No Matter What Shape - The Archive

AN ARCHIVE OF MY OLDER WORK - AN EXHIBITION SPACE FOR ORIGINAL AND ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF MANIPULATED WORKS THAT APPEAR AT MICKMATHERSARTBLOG - A PARKING PLACE FOR SELECTED GRAPHICS USED IN OTHER BLOG SIDEBARS - AN ARTWORK IN AND OF ITSELF

My Photo
Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

In its short-sightedness, blogger has turned its back on those of us stuck with old operating systems and I'm forced to find a new blog host. You will now find MickMathersARTblog at Blog.com - use the direct link found in the masthead and remember to update your bookmarks. This place will continue as another archive for a large body of my work. As many of you know, my primary medium and working method is digital collage composed of manipulated photographs often combined with digital drawing & generative images. Netlabels, bands and musicians can view samples of my CD Cover Art at Mick Mather Illustration located on Tumblr. In another life I was an Arts & Culture consultant specializing in revitalization planning through creative public art projects and programs with Economic & Community Development Departments of towns, villages and cities. In these hard financial times this work is more important than ever and I still accept consultancy inquiries. You can contact me by email at: mickmather@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Disintegration Admiration: The Movie -


"Disintegration Admiration: The Movie"
digital video by Mick Mather
I installed "Stimulus Package I", for Seth's project, Disintegration Admiration, this afternoon during a bit of a lull as a cold front blew fiercely through the BIG Back Yard. I took a number of documentation photos and then, as the thing moved vigorously in the wind, I decided to shoot a short movie in the event that it was immediately carried away. So far, so good. I'll continue the documentation over the course of the next 6 weeks or so and post the results here.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, it's blowing a lot, but your piece of art seems to enjoy the dance!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
... and it's blowing just as hard and harder today. :O

4:23 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I am misty-eyed with joy. Seriously!
I am so inspired by your inspiration!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
I'm delighted that this piece has affected you so. Sometime soon I'll be posting one of the manipulated photographs of this installation along with an explanation of the title. By the way, the heavy winds we had here for two and a half days didn't seem to do any harm. I doubt that it will survive any heavy rain and I'm excited to pursue the documentation of the deterioration. :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Seth said...

What a great idea. I can almost feel the breeze and relly feel as if I have "met" the bundle!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Seth:
I'm delighted that you like this one. It's a fairly simple construction but the kinetic quality of it in our recent high winds is something that I'm just as delighted to have been able to document for your wonderful project.

7:40 PM  
Blogger nancy neva gagliano said...

great attitude! lost the first, get busy with the second, and capture it via video!! fab-YOU-us

1:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I happen to love your title and the video was an intimate view in the disintegration process. I will be curious to see how the elements will discover their renewal and new integration project. WooHoo! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home