No Matter What Shape - The Archive

AN ARCHIVE OF MY OLDER WORK - AN EXHIBITION SPACE FOR ORIGINAL AND ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF MANIPULATED WORKS THAT APPEAR AT MICKMATHERSARTBLOG - A PARKING PLACE FOR SELECTED GRAPHICS USED IN OTHER BLOG SIDEBARS - AN ARTWORK IN AND OF ITSELF

My Photo
Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

In its short-sightedness, blogger has turned its back on those of us stuck with old operating systems and I'm forced to find a new blog host. You will now find MickMathersARTblog at Blog.com - use the direct link found in the masthead and remember to update your bookmarks. This place will continue as another archive for a large body of my work. As many of you know, my primary medium and working method is digital collage composed of manipulated photographs often combined with digital drawing & generative images. Netlabels, bands and musicians can view samples of my CD Cover Art at Mick Mather Illustration located on Tumblr. In another life I was an Arts & Culture consultant specializing in revitalization planning through creative public art projects and programs with Economic & Community Development Departments of towns, villages and cities. In these hard financial times this work is more important than ever and I still accept consultancy inquiries. You can contact me by email at: mickmather@yahoo.com

Monday, November 19, 2007

Forward thinking -

"Antarctica Gate"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I was surfing around in things magazine over the weekend and for a short time today - it's a beautiful space for anyone interested in architecture and/or the built environment of all kinds. I stumbled across the acknowledged futurist and genius, Syd Mead, and was thus pushed in the direction of tootling my own horn a little bit. Before I do, thanks again to the wonderful job they do and to scrubbles who also had a hand in this and offer a few more of Syd's marvelous illustrations now that I think of it. In my own small way then, today's post is a distant cousin to Mr. Mead. At least in regard to the fact that we both enjoy imagining what the future might look like. Another of my blogs, Outer Dust Rings, is just such a future place where I can let my imagination roam free and to create, artistically, what doesn't really exist. For the uninitiated, Outer Dust Rings is a sci-fi tale of an as yet undiscovered planetary system far beyond the orbit of Pluto. The inhabitants of the primary planet long ago - or is it far into the future? - discovered how to harness and control the wormhole effect for travel, whether it be across the street or across the universe! This image is an alternate version of a post dating back to early May titled "The Robert Sketch", that was given the breath of life directly from these original layers. The piece reflects the magnetic fields of a wormhole gate as they might look if made visible to the naked eye. I'll leave each of you to your own investigations should you be so inclined.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home