No Matter What Shape - The Archive

AN ARCHIVE OF MY OLDER WORK - AN EXHIBITION SPACE FOR ORIGINAL AND ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF MANIPULATED WORKS THAT APPEAR AT MICKMATHERSARTBLOG - A PARKING PLACE FOR SELECTED GRAPHICS USED IN OTHER BLOG SIDEBARS - AN ARTWORK IN AND OF ITSELF

My Photo
Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

In its short-sightedness, blogger has turned its back on those of us stuck with old operating systems and I'm forced to find a new blog host. You will now find MickMathersARTblog at Blog.com - use the direct link found in the masthead and remember to update your bookmarks. This place will continue as another archive for a large body of my work. As many of you know, my primary medium and working method is digital collage composed of manipulated photographs often combined with digital drawing & generative images. Netlabels, bands and musicians can view samples of my CD Cover Art at Mick Mather Illustration located on Tumblr. In another life I was an Arts & Culture consultant specializing in revitalization planning through creative public art projects and programs with Economic & Community Development Departments of towns, villages and cities. In these hard financial times this work is more important than ever and I still accept consultancy inquiries. You can contact me by email at: mickmather@yahoo.com

Saturday, March 08, 2008

NEW from The Telephone Series -

"Telephone #5"
monotype by Mick Mather
Here's another image from The Telephone Series - "Telephone #20" and a group of thumbnails can be seen here at MICKMATHERSARTBLOG - that was the precursor to The Toast Series. I talk about it here, where you can also see "Toast #7" from that series ... take a peek.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I am never again going to look at piece of toast without seeing a telephone. Your infuence has become part of our breakfast!
I love the colours of this one and the background,I think they suit the age of this style phone and this has a rock like, archaic look to it. For me anyway. I think that they convey a message of an older form of communication, not just style of the phone. Of a time before text and instant messaging, when we had real conversations and didn't just send a message written with as few letters as possible. I think we miss communicate more often now with out the aid of voice tone to help us understand the words. Thankyou again for sharing this series!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
I have to admit that inspiring someone at this level is a bit daunting in a way - it's also a delightful feeling. As I attempt to allude to when writing about my own work, the difference between real artists and the hobbyist or weekend dabbler is the conceptual thinking that goes into our reinterpretations of the world we see. The beauty of it is that once this part of the work ethic is in place, one can choose to use it or not, to reach greater heights or not, and to follow along a serendipitous path that is not only fun, but rewarding in ways that we could have never imagined until beginning the journey. If I've truly been helpful to you in any regard, then my reward is also increased.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home